New Pool First Fill numbers

Watson

Aug 1, 2012
Dallas
Ok my pool finished filling up last night and they are coming to start the pool today. I used my test kit and pulled these start up numbers.

FC = 1
CC = 2
PH = OVER 8.2 the pink color was much brighter than the meter.
TA = 80
CH = 150
CYA = Could see dot all the way to the top of the tube.

There is no CYA in tap water. So if you have not added any (either liquid/ powder form or dichlor or trichlor), then it would be zero. BUT, are you using the Rainbow? If so that is adding CYA, you need to keep very good track of the number of tablet you add so that you know how much the CYA is rising. Eventually, when the CYA gets to 30-50ppm, you will need to stop using the pucks and switch to liquid chlorine.

I hope whoever is starting your pool does not add too much CYA.

Post up a full set of test results at least an hour after the "start-up" the pool so that we can see what your should further adjust.

Just to add to what JB said, if you're going to be using the tablet feeder I'd strongly request that they not add any stabilizer (CYA) at all. Infact, I'd almost insist on it. It'll rise fast enough on it's own by using the tablets. And we've seen where the PB adds many lbs on start up and the CYA started out way too high to begin with.

OK here are my numbers this morning and my Calcium has me worried.

PH - is under 6.8 (To be expected there is a ton of acid in the pool right now for the plaster)

FC - .5

CC - .5

TA - This test STARTED off red it never turned green

CH - 370 (Should I be concerned?)

CYA - 0

Your CYA will need to be tested in about a week, it will not register on a test for the first few days after being added to the pool. Test the CH of your fill water and be sure to swirl the test vial well between drops. If the CH of the tap water is significantly lower than the pool then test the pool water again.

jblizzle said:
Watson said:
I am getting thier pool school tomorrow at noon.

Take that with a grain of salt ... I would trust the Pool School you find here. That said, you may need to follow some of their instructions for warranty purposes.

exactly I have to go through all this just to get free and clear with my warranty in tact. I am most interested in the parts about using the pump more than testing the pool.

They came this morning and my numbers three hours later are as follows:

FC = 2.5
CC = 0
PH = 7.2
TA = 70
CH = JUMPED UP TO 450 (WTF)
CYA = 40

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.