Spill over spa question

Jul 20, 2011
I have a new installation with a spill over spa about 40-50 ft from the equipment pad. My spa has 2 in lines for suction and 2 for returns. I have a variable speed pump connected to my spa and pool with valves to direct the flow and same for a return. I have another dedicated pump for 4 laminar Jets. The spa has 25 Jets. The hookups on the spa are 2", reduced to my lines which are 1 1/2" I also have two 3' waterfalls connected to the main pump. My question is what kind of pump should I connect to the other 2 connections on spa? Should I use a regular 3/4 hp or higher pump? Should I use a booster pump? and if I use a booster pump what hp would give me the best jet action? I am a complete newbie when it comes to hooking this up. Thanks for any help it is much appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!!!

I am having a little difficulty understand your setup. Is the VS pump only hooked up to regular returns in the spa for circulation? And now you are wondering what kind of pump is needed for the spa jets?

I would think that the VS would have been plenty of power for the spa jets, but sounds like they may not be hooked up that way.

Can you add a few pictures of the setup to help us understand?

Sorry for the confusion. My spa has 4 conections, marked spa suction and return, booster suction and return. I have the vs pump connected to the spa connection. What should I connect to the ones labeled booster?

Do you also have a blower for the spa? How many jets do you have?

I still think the vs should have plenty of power to run the jets, but I do not know what your builder was planning.

With proper valving you could likely use the single pump, but it depends on what you are wanting to be able to do.

Maybe someone else can come in with their thoughts.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

kycowboyfan said:
The spa has 25 Jets. The hookups on the spa are 2", reduced to my lines which are 1 1/2"
I don't see how this could possibly work. 25 jets on a single 2" line?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.