My Outdoor Kitchen is Complete!

utell

Bronze Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 22, 2011
I finally completed my outdoor kitchen. While it was a lot of work - it was worth it. Threw out my back on the last day putting the 3 drawer cabinet ;-( .

After all the flat work - I decided to order the frames. Welded aluminum.
[attachment=0:gn66nozo]IMG_1004.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

Stucco Base Coat
[attachment=2:gn66nozo]IMG_1008.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

Stucco is Complete. Used Parex.
[attachment=1:gn66nozo]IMG_1023.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

See next post...

Attachments

• IMG_1008.JPG
    IMG_1008.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,262
  • IMG_1023.JPG
    IMG_1023.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,257
  • IMG_1004.JPG
    IMG_1004.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 1,258
Granite and Bling!!!

[attachment=2:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1045.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]
[attachment=1:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1046.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]
[attachment=0:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1047.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]

Attachments

• IMG_1045.JPG
    IMG_1045.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_1046.JPG
    IMG_1046.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_1047.JPG
    IMG_1047.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 1,256
I like the combination of Big Green Egg/kamodo style cooker and gas grill head you have in your outdoor kitchen. That certainly opens up plenty of cooking options! Nice work! What kind of grill head and kamodo did you go with on this build? Also, is that a side burner under the SS hatch on the front island?

CraigMW said:
I like the combination of Big Green Egg/kamodo style cooker and gas grill head you have in your outdoor kitchen. That certainly opens up plenty of cooking options! Nice work! What kind of grill head and kamodo did you go with on this build? Also, is that a side burner under the SS hatch on the front island?

Thanks. The Kamado is a Kamado Joe Classic grill. It is awesome. Very happy with it. Use it all the time - used the gas grill only once since the build. No, under the hatch is a built it Ice Chest/Cooler. The side burner is next to the grill. Also put an umbrella sleeve in the middle of the front island. All the Stainless equipment including the grill is Sunstone. They have a wide range of options. The cabinet is a top drawer paper towel holder with two pull out drawers.

Nice functional design. It appears the islands are exposed (no roof). I know most of the drop-ins are designed for this, but I was wondering how they are holding up and if you're ahving any issues with water in the storage space below?

pragmatic said:
Nice functional design. It appears the islands are exposed (no roof). I know most of the drop-ins are designed for this, but I was wondering how they are holding up and if you're ahving any issues with water in the storage space below?

As of now all is dry in the storage. Had some big rains earlier. The granite top with silicon caulk around drop-ins is water tight. Initially had water splash through the doors since they are not water tight. I put some weather striping on the inside that took care of this problem. I think the biggest maintenance issue will be re-sealing my granite every 3-6 months months.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.