Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: My Outdoor Kitchen is Complete!

1. Back To Top    #1

My Outdoor Kitchen is Complete!

I finally completed my outdoor kitchen. While it was a lot of work - it was worth it. Threw out my back on the last day putting the 3 drawer cabinet ;-( .

After all the flat work - I decided to order the frames. Welded aluminum.
    [attachment=0:gn66nozo]IMG_1004.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

Stucco Base Coat
    [attachment=2:gn66nozo]IMG_1008.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

Stucco is Complete. Used Parex.
    [attachment=1:gn66nozo]IMG_1023.JPG[/attachment:gn66nozo]

See next post...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gallon IGP, 50 sqft, infinity edge spa - 8 jets, 3 water pots and 2 bubblers
    SWG - Pentair IC40: Delta UV Filter ES Series; Pentair Quad DE 100 Filter; 1 Pentair Intelliflow VSP VS3050; 1 Pentair Whisperflow for water pots and bubblers; Pentair EasyTouch 4 remote; Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa; Pentair Master Temp 400 heater; Pebblesheen Finish

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Outdoor Kitchen is Complete!

Granite and Bling!!!

[attachment=2:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1045.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]
    [attachment=1:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1046.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]
    [attachment=0:1ckv7qhv]IMG_1047.JPG[/attachment:1ckv7qhv]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,000 gallon IGP, 50 sqft, infinity edge spa - 8 jets, 3 water pots and 2 bubblers
    SWG - Pentair IC40: Delta UV Filter ES Series; Pentair Quad DE 100 Filter; 1 Pentair Intelliflow VSP VS3050; 1 Pentair Whisperflow for water pots and bubblers; Pentair EasyTouch 4 remote; Pentair Intellibrites LED (white) - 2 in pool and 1 in spa; Pentair Master Temp 400 heater; Pebblesheen Finish

3. Back To Top    #3

Sorry to hear about your back, but WOW that looks great!
    16' x 32' IG vinyl liner w/ hopper bottom (12,500 gal), Single-speed 1 HP Sta-Rite pump, and 300# Cristal-Flo sand filter, TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice job!
    20K gal, inground with attached spa, pebblefina plaster (bella blue), flagstone coping, moss rock waterfall, Sundek - Indian wheat, (2) Jandy PHPM2.0 (filter pump and waterfall), Jandy DEV60 DE filter, Polaris 280 pool cleaner, Polaris Halcyon PB4-60Q booster pump, Polaris 1.5 HP Air Blower, (2) Jandy WaterColors LED lights, Jandy LXI400P Heater, Jandy AquaPure PLC1400 SWG, Jandy AquaLink RS PureLink Controller and PDA.

5. Back To Top    #5

I like the combination of Big Green Egg/kamodo style cooker and gas grill head you have in your outdoor kitchen. That certainly opens up plenty of cooking options! Nice work! What kind of grill head and kamodo did you go with on this build? Also, is that a side burner under the SS hatch on the front island?
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

6. Back To Top    #6

Looks good.
    23,000 gal IG Plaster 1989
    Purex Triton FNS Plus DE Filter Model FSNP 60
    1 Hp pump, Polaris 380 w/booster pump
    700 Gal Spa
    Laars Lite Heater T-F 100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by CraigMW
    I like the combination of Big Green Egg/kamodo style cooker and gas grill head you have in your outdoor kitchen. That certainly opens up plenty of cooking options! Nice work! What kind of grill head and kamodo did you go with on this build? Also, is that a side burner under the SS hatch on the front island?

Thanks. The Kamado is a Kamado Joe Classic grill. It is awesome. Very happy with it. Use it all the time - used the gas grill only once since the build. No, under the hatch is a built it Ice Chest/Cooler. The side burner is next to the grill. Also put an umbrella sleeve in the middle of the front island. All the Stainless equipment including the grill is Sunstone. They have a wide range of options. The cabinet is a top drawer paper towel holder with two pull out drawers.

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice functional design. It appears the islands are exposed (no roof). I know most of the drop-ins are designed for this, but I was wondering how they are holding up and if you're ahving any issues with water in the storage space below?
    Dave My Pool Build, ODK Build
    22X42 Gunite Freeform 23K Gal, 10X12 Spa
    Diamond-Brite midnight blue, 1800sq. ft Kool Deck
    Pentair Easy-Touch 8, 2-2hp Pentair, 500lb Sand Filter, 400K btu Pentair heater

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by pragmatic
    Nice functional design. It appears the islands are exposed (no roof). I know most of the drop-ins are designed for this, but I was wondering how they are holding up and if you're ahving any issues with water in the storage space below?

As of now all is dry in the storage. Had some big rains earlier. The granite top with silicon caulk around drop-ins is water tight. Initially had water splash through the doors since they are not water tight. I put some weather striping on the inside that took care of this problem. I think the biggest maintenance issue will be re-sealing my granite every 3-6 months months.