Done!! in Corpus Christi, TX.

Re: Underway in Corpus Christi, TX.

Started tile/stone work. They're 'mudding' top edge of pool and have started placing flagstone around the spa. We decided to go with a natural stone coping.

Attachments

• crema_coral_4x12_coping.jpg
    crema_coral_4x12_coping.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 519
  • IMG_2074.JPG
    IMG_2074.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    244.5 KB · Views: 524

Interesting how the bull-nosed travertine is going on top of the mortar they've built up.

Can I get a better pic of the skimmer? I'd like to see that area to help me in my own pool construction.

We initially were gonna have them put flagstone all the way around so they built up the lip and then we changed our mind....that likely has something to do with it. They had to level everything off. I'll post pics of the slimmer tomorrow.

Here ya go bigdav160. Looks like the top of the concrete now sits flush with the top of the skimmer.

aarven, there has been work done every day...very pleased. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2079.JPG
    IMG_2079.JPG
    224.3 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    229.1 KB · Views: 488
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 489

Thanks.

Your concrete masons appear to be experts. Very smooth and even. I wonder how they keep it level. Transit?

It looks like they used a piece of tile in the skimmer throat for support Hmmm.....

Good thing you picked that patterned tile as it looks like it can easily handle the extra height of the beam.

Re: Underway in Corpus Christi, TX. - 10/26 tile

They've been hard at work. 3/4 done with tile work. Really love how the coping and waterline tile turned out. You can see where the decking will go. A view from my side patio.

Attachments

• IMG_2233.JPG
    IMG_2233.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 409
  • IMG_2231.JPG
    IMG_2231.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2224.JPG
    IMG_2224.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 407

More pics .

Attachments

• IMG_2225.JPG
    IMG_2225.JPG
    234.2 KB · Views: 408
  • IMG_2228.JPG
    IMG_2228.JPG
    232.7 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    232.4 KB · Views: 407

bigdav160 said:
Interesting how the bull-nosed travertine is going on top of the mortar they've built up.

Can I get a better pic of the skimmer? I'd like to see that area to help me in my own pool construction.

Have a better idea about how they did this. They actually used 2 boards along the inner surface of the skimmer and then a flat piece of wood (not tile) running across the top, flush with the beam. The 'mud' is then placed across the top board and has rebar running through it. The 3 pieces of wood were then removed to leave nothing but a slab of mud if you will running across the expanse. Hope this helps. PM me if you want pics.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Funny you should ask. If you look at the plans on my initial post, you can see where we're planning on placing it. IT being a 17.5' by 17.5' pergola. Ordered it off of Average Joe's Pergola depot. Cedar with 6" posts that should be set in the ground by the end of the week. It was deliver and we unloaded it in our garage - where it sits in a neat pile. Appears to be well made and ordering for these guys saved me a bundle. I'll most certainly post pics once it's up. We have a pine one over our side patio and love the shade - went with cedar on this one because of the exposure to the harsh elements - the side patio one is somewhat shielded.

I've added a photo with the new pergola. Posts set in concrete with deck to follow. Top slats will be going up tomorrow. They've also finished with the rock overflow area from the spa. The 'mud' has been added and glass tile around inner edge of the spa tomorrow as well. Pics to follow. Interesting - just found out that they use a bucket of water and a hose to determine water level....gravity is the best level - they then add a layer of concrete to the upper edge of the shell to level everything off. Very nice.

Attachments

• IMG_1893.JPG
    IMG_1893.JPG
    173.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_2261.JPG
    IMG_2261.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    208.1 KB · Views: 317

Thanks for the pictures. I been looking at Joe's and they look like a great outfit. I priced out cedar lumber for a 12x16 and came in around $1,200, Joe's is close to $4,000. I know they are in business and provide a service...and I might save myself some cash and build it myself. Were they ok to work with ordering/shipping, etc?

Thanks,

J.

Yea, this stuff gets expensive if you have someone else do it for you. I'm handy but don't have much in the way of free time. I was given some pretty unbelievable quotes locally so decided to look around online. Really liked the stuff that BaldinPergolas offers but they are $$$$. Average Joe's was a snap to deal with. Emails and phone calls were returned within the hour. I was able to customize it to my liking with very little effort - wanted the top slats spaced much closer - done. My pergola was shipped within a few weeks and a picture of it packaged sent to me before it shipped so I knew what to expect. Arrived when stated in excellent shape with all hardware and pieces. I paid some guys to put it up - took them 2 days but one was spent waiting for the concrete around the posts to dry. Liked the fact that everything was notched and marked - had pencil marks to show exactly where to screw the slats into the rafters for example. The cedar is rough cut so I routered the edges of the posts and will sand them shortly. If you have the tools, are handy and have access to a few chaps that can help you with the heavy stuff, you'll save a bundle - otherwise I found them to be the best option. Very pleased.

Attachments

• IMG_2378.JPG
    IMG_2378.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2379.JPG
    IMG_2379.JPG
    153.4 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_2958.jpg
    IMG_2958.jpg
    307.8 KB · Views: 278

I have been watching your progress, and it looks wonderful.

question for you... how much extra did it cost to do your spa edge with tile? It looks like it will be very comfortable on your back doing it that way, really like it! Having had a regular flagstone spa before, I can tell you it is not that comfortable on your back so I love this idea!

Thanks so much, KIM

Texgirl, Thanks! Not sure about the incremental cost as it was included in my original bid. Looked like quite a bit of work to get it level with the stone though. The tile was simply laid down in sheets but the edge work between the glass and stone required multiple cuts to minimize the gap and keep the waterline level. I showed them a picture of what I wanted (see earlier post) and they made it happen. I will say that it is extremely comfortable to have a rounded versus a hard/90 degree edge with stone as we've sat in it already. Looks cool too IMHO.

Thanks for the response. yeah, I can see it would be hard to do.. but it looks soooo much more comfortable! I will as! Never hurts to ask, right?

And it does look super cool and different. Love it!

KIM

About ready to pour deck - 11/9. Working on final inspection for grounding, placing frame for brick expansion joints (more work pending there) and setting umbrella holders I bought off eBay. Tile work is just about finished - still need to edge the steps. Sand is down, conduits are in, 4" drain in, pressure tested plumbing, gas lines run, gas lamp to be set tomorrow.... I'm more nervous about this than I was about the gunite! No turning back now. Still hoping to find a nicer option for the expansion joint between my back patio and the deck, afraid the pine will deteriorate in a matter of years. Pools by Brad has been great - crossed Ts, dotted I's. Couldn't be happier. Enjoy, more pics to follow this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_2408.JPG
    IMG_2408.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    298 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2393.JPG
    IMG_2393.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 174

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.