Need advice please..

Double check your TA reading as 30 is rather low. You should always adjust PH first and then TA. To avoid confusion as to what has recommended to you above vs what we advise in Pool School, regardless of "winter" sun exposure or not, it is by far more simple to get used to maintaining a consistent range of chemistry and keeping it simple. Target 60-70ppm on CYA as TFP guidelines would suggest. Once you "learn" how your pool behaves you can start fine tuning chemistry as you wish, but I'd rather see you following the TFP general guidelines for a SWG pool rather than "customized" winter levels. CYA at 50 vs 60 is not your primary concern at the moment, but it does mean the SWG has to work harder over time to maintain FC (even if winter sun makes that difference so small). The longer your SWG operates, the more PH rise it promotes.

Thank you dman. I'll get the CYA adjusted as well. I did the TA test twice yesterday checking the reagents, and it was 30. I'll get everything adjusted. I just tested the water and will work on the pH first. Here are the results:

10/20/12 / 10/21/12

FC - 3.5 / 6.5
CC - 0.5 / 0
TC - 4 / 6.5
PH - 7.8 / 7.8
TA - 30 / 90
CH - 400 / 375
CYA - 50 /

COMPUTER -3300/ 3150
AQUA STRIP - 2530

Yesterday I only added soda.. Today I'll get on the pH and CYA.

Thanks again!!!
helen

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.