Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electrical Pictures

1. Back To Top    #1

Electrical Pictures

Hello all,

First time poster and soon to be first time pool owner.

Our IG pool will be going in next week. I will be taking on the electrical and bonding work. I am not an electrician, but have done quite a bit of electrical work over the years. I believe I have a thorough understanding of the electrical and bonding work that needs to be completed for the pool. I have two questions I am hoping someone can help me with:

1. Do ladders, diving boards, pumps, SWGs, and heat pumps generally come with bonding lugs on them or just places to attach a bonding lug?

2. Does anyone have a picture of the the type of bonding lug used on this equipment or especially the type of connector used to bond metal pool walls and rebar in a concrete deck.

Thank you for any assistance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    SW Indiana

Re: Electrical Pictures

Equipment that needs bonding generally has a bonding lug on it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Scottsdale, AZ

Do ladders, diving boards, pumps, SWGs, and heat pumps generally come with bonding lugs on them or just places to attach a bonding lug?
    Metal ladders you bond the in deck anchors, diving boards you bond the jig that goes in the deck, pumps there is a lug, as with most swg, and heatpumps.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you both for the information.

Could anyone help me with a picture of the bonding lug/connector you used to pond the pool walls and deck rebar.

Thank you again.

5. Back To Top    #5

Huntsville, AL

No rebar in our slab, so I can't help with that. Also I don't have a close up of the bonding clip, but perhaps these will help with the overall bonding project.

Hope that helps some,

27K gal, IG vinyl, 1.5 HP pump, 24" sand filter, Goldline Aqua Plus SWG

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you! Your pictures are a great help!

Thanks again,

7. Back To Top    #7

This is what you will want to connect the bonding wire to the steel walls/ coping. I put one on every coping and/or steel wall piece. I just used some self taping screws like used to attach the coping to the walls. ... Id=3370336

And I used these where I had splice the cooper wire onto the walls. I ran a solid continuous wire from SWG, pump, light, and all the way back around pool. Then spliced line to attach to walls. Some inspectors do not allow splices and some do so be sure to check. ... Id=3370322

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

8. Back To Top    #8

Thank you. Very helpful!