Pool Closing Steps.
will drain just below the returns as i have a mesh cover and pool will be full by opening
1 skimmer, 2 main drains, 2 returns, spa 6 returns and 1 main return
1. Set filter to closed to isolate suction side of pool
2. connect gizzmo to skimmer
3. switch valve and blow out pool deck jet sprinklers(shoots water in air)
4. close valve for deck jet sprinklers
5. Blow out main drain, after bubbles for couple minutes close main drain valve creating a air lock
6. set filter to recirculate.
7. Blow out both returns till water is out and put in plugs one at a time. Will put hands on each one alternating them so no water drifts back in from other line.
8. switch valve to spa only.
9. blow out the spa returns and main, sealing one at a time with plug.
10. switch filter position to waste
11. blow thru skimmer to push out water still in pump and filter.
12. disconnect shop vac and gizmo, pour half gallon of pool antifreeze down skimmer and plug
skimmer and leave half empty bottle in skimmer.
13. Pull drain plugs from pump, filter, heater and store in basket.
14. set filter to winter
15. turn off gas to heater
16. put pool cover on
are these the steps of closing a pool should be done? or should some steps come first or after others? Did i forget or miss anything?
do i need to get antifreeze into the return lines? or maybe just blow some thru the skimmer when i'm clearing the return lines?
help much appreciated, thanks