Safety Cover Thoughts Anyone?

Sep 24, 2012
Looking at the following safety covers:

CoverLogix 9000MX Mesh Safety Pool Cover 20yr 999.00
Loop-Loc Mesh Safety Cover 12yr 975.00
Meyco Mesh Safety Cover 12yr 899.00
Arctic Armor Ultra Lite Solid Safety Cover 15yr 649.00

The Arctic Armor price is attractive but not sure of quality, can't find any reviews. Can anyone share experiences or give suggestions?

I would go with either Loop-Loc or Meyco. I think you get what you pay for so that would throw artic out of the mix. I personally never seen or heard of coverlogix. I've seen Meyco Looploc Merliln yardguard anchor coverlon and that's all I can think of that I've seen off the top of my head. If you want your pool to open clear then you want a solid safety cover like ultra-loc with drain panels by looploc or equivalent from meyco. Blocking sunlight is the key to stopping algae growth but if solid is out of your price range then what I would do is have each of those companies send you a sample swatch of the material and hold them side by side in front of a light bulb. The cover that lets the least amount of light through should be the winner. (and if they don't send you a swatch don't even consider buying from those cheapos) ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.