Sep 3, 2012
Ramsey, NJ
I am renovating my pool and spa in northern NJ. I discussed my problem here http://www.troublefreepool.com/coping-pushed-by-cover-anchors-t53531.html

Pool is 20'x45'. Spa diameter is about 7'. Here's one quote I received:

Remove existing bullnose paver brick coping and replace - $9,000
Replaster with Diamond Brite Plaster, exposded stone aggregate finish - $14,000
Free brushing as needed following plaster installation
TILE - remove existing tile from pool and spa, install new tile - $5,400
Install Deco Seal expansion joint - $1,650
Bondbeam Repair - $900
Crack Repair on top step - $450
Replace Heater with Raypack 406 - $3625
Replace Blower - $500
Lift and reset pavers that have moved from pool cover anchors & install new 18" anchors - $1,400
Powerwash Patio and install Stabilisand - $2,200

Is this quote reasonable?

I suggest getting a couple more quotes and go from there.

It's hard for anyone to say if the price is justified or not because we can't see exactly what needs to be done. The quote does seem to be high from just reading, but I can't tell you that it is reasonable or not. One example is the heater, if all that needs to be done is remove the old heater and replace with the new heater, then that price would be high. If he needs to replumb, add electrical, or add a gas line, then the price is more reasonable.

I got a second Quote, but it was kind of broken down differently:

Spa:
re-tile and re-plaster spa: $7,500
Pool:
Empty pool and discard coping & tile: $1,250
Install 4x12" bullnosed paver coping : $6,500
Tile: A new 6” tile band with matching step and bench trim tile will be installed on the pool and autocover
box chosen from our standard selection.- $5,500
Interior Finish: Pool will be plastered in a white Marbledust finish with silicone shield additive.-$8,000
Expansion Joint: Install ½”x4” Deck-o-foam expansion joint and top with grey Deck-o-Seal self-leveling
expansion joint compound.-$1,500

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.