IC40 "End Caps" For Winterizing

May 23, 2012
I discovered over the weekend that the apparent 3" coupling nuts that hold the IC40 in line are actually 2.9", and a standard 3" PVC cleanout cap will not fit. Designs like this make me angry :grrrr:

Am I stuck with using the blank spacer, or is there an actual nominal PVC size that will fit?

I see it for as little as $26.00. Not sure what qualifies as a "rip off"
I would spend more $$ in time just thinking and measuring, and multiple trips to hardware store, why bother.

Melt: why dont you come up with a more cost effective solution, produce it, market it and let us know what we can buy it for.
Hayward also makes one for their system, same cost.

Just-a-PB said:
I see it for as little as $26.00. Not sure what qualifies as a "rip off"
I would spend more $$ in time just thinking and measuring, and multiple trips to hardware store, why bother.

Melt: why dont you come up with a more cost effective solution, produce it, market it and let us know what we can buy it for.
Hayward also makes one for their system, same cost.

I have also seen it for $26, but also as high as $80.

It's more of the principle of the matter. Why make something non-standard other than to force you to buy more of their products?

It is a shame that a moderator has such a low opinion of a manufacturer. This is part of what makes America so great, business is allowed to design something that they can sell to make money. Capitalism at its peak.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.