Only 1 problem with the 26' x 52" intex ultra fame pool

Taterfink

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
NE Florida
I have found that as the water temps get lower :shock: , I am more reluctant to "jump in" to scoop leaves. The return circulates the water around toward the skimmer (lovely). However, this circulation places a nice pile of leaves dead center of my pool.

The pool is 26' in diameter this makes the radius 13', the walls are 52" high, I am short. . . 5'2" and no deck around the pool so my feet are at ground level. The pole on my leaf / skimmer net is at most 10'. This means I cannot reach the leaves in the center! I am considering a wet suit. I live in NE Florida and don't expect the temps to warrant actually closing the pool so I'll need a way to clean it thru the winter. Or, I suppose I could use PVC to extend the pole's reach another foot or two so i can reach those elusive leaves?!

Oh! Oh! Just had a thought! How about a little raft/1 man inflatable boat? I could paddle around and scoop leaves all day long and not get wet! I think I may have a winner here!

Just brainstorming. Any other ideas out there?

Taterfink said:
I have found that as the water temps get lower :shock: , I am more reluctant to "jump in" to scoop leaves. The return circulates the water around toward the skimmer (lovely). However, this circulation places a nice pile of leaves dead center of my pool.

The pool is 26' in diameter this makes the radius 13', the walls are 52" high, I am short. . . 5'2" and no deck around the pool so my feet are at ground level. The pole on my leaf / skimmer net is at most 10'. This means I cannot reach the leaves in the center! I am considering a wet suit. I live in NE Florida and don't expect the temps to warrant actually closing the pool so I'll need a way to clean it thru the winter. Or, I suppose I could use PVC to extend the pole's reach another foot or two so i can reach those elusive leaves?!

Oh! Oh! Just had a thought! How about a little raft/1 man inflatable boat? I could paddle around and scoop leaves all day long and not get wet! I think I may have a winner here!

Just brainstorming. Any other ideas out there?

Longer pole (16' expanding pole), leaf cannister and vac, pool robot, suction side automatic cleaner, etc.
Raft - plus scooping = falling in and getting wet.

Longer pole (16' expanding pole), leaf cannister and vac, pool robot, suction side automatic cleaner, etc.

I will look for the longer pole, and have been thinking about the leaf cannister.

as for the "falling in and getting wet" part - Have you been watching me and my not so coordinated way of tending to the pool?? Tho in all honesty, the falling in sounds more like my sister than myself.

I put cement blocks around my pool for me to step on. That and a longer pole worked for me.

I like the idea of the raft but just KNOW I will end up in the water!

Wet suit-the water still has to get in THEN your body temp. warms it up-burrr

Where do you live? I am in Tallahassee.

Kim

Re: Only 1 problem with the 26' x 52" intex ultra fame pool

Taterfink said:

I will look for the longer pole, and have been thinking about the leaf cannister.

as for the "falling in and getting wet" part - Have you been watching me and my not so coordinated way of tending to the pool?? Tho in all honesty, the falling in sounds more like my sister than myself.
My son who is reasonably experienced in a canoe took a swim with my wife's cell phone because the person with him was less experienced and was trying to look over the side. Staying in a boat while lifting leaves out sounds like it would be harder than looking over the side. LOL.

- Sent using Tapatalk

Taterfink said:

Can we get that YOUTUBED for our viewing pleasure? :mrgreen: ::epds::

Love all the visuals y'all offered up :shock:

I've never used a wetsuit (tho my suit does in fact get wet in the pool). I had NO idea that the water got into the suit. I guess I just figured it was snug enough to keep the water out. Pretty obvious that I didn't really think that one thru :hammer: Maybe I'll just grab a wine cooler or cocoa and float around in the raft and never mind the leaves. Which, by the way, I figured out that if I aim the return toward the center, the leaves end up around the sides where I can reach them! :goodjob:

Kimkats, I am in jacksonville. A terrific place to be FROM!

YouTube would be great! Just a minute while I don my water wings and snorkel! Oh! And swim fins! :snorkle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.