Pool Light Niche Repair - CMP 25549-500

Sep 17, 2012
Has anyone used one of these, and if so did it work out well for you?

CMP 25549-500 In Ground Pool Light Adapter

http://www.c-m-p.com/PDF/Pool/lightrepairfitting.pdf

My issue is that after at least two refinishes, the bottom clip of my pool light niche is buried in Pebble Tec. Yes, the pool contractor should have caught this and replaced the niche or made some other accommodation for the light, but we're past that point now. The light is basically being held in (barely) just by the top screw and it will not clip in on the bottom.

I'm thinking about trying this Custom Molded Products item. Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Not sure. I'm looking for people's experiences and suggestions. We can throw the wedge into the discussion too. It looked to me like the wedge would only help with a broken screw thread at the top. My problem Is with the clip at the bottom. The light will not clip and therefore is not flush with the pool finish.

ps0303 said:
Why not just use the repair wedge?

travelrider said:
Not sure. I'm looking for people's experiences and suggestions. We can throw the wedge into the discussion too. It looked to me like the wedge would only help with a broken screw thread at the top. My problem Is with the clip at the bottom. The light will not clip and therefore is not flush with the pool finish.

ps0303 said:

Aladdin makes a product called "Aladdin ring". It is intended for your problem. They are quite expensive, but do work.

If you're handy you may be able to use a small chisel and a diamond sanding pad to remove some of the pebble. This is not easy, and may expose the underlying finish.

Qwaxalot said:
travelrider said:

ps0303 said:

Aladdin makes a product called "Aladdin ring". It is intended for your problem. They are quite expensive, but do work.

If you're handy you may be able to use a small chisel and a diamond sanding pad to remove some of the pebble. This is not easy, and may expose the underlying finish.

Thanks for the suggestion. The Alladin Ring would be perfect if it came in black. All of my underwater fittings are black in my pool and so this would probably stick out like a sore thumb... I even bought a black ring for my light. Any other suggestions? (Painting the white one would probably not last unfortunately).

Thanks for the suggestion. The Alladin Ring would be perfect if it came in black. All of my underwater fittings are black in my pool and so this would probably stick out like a sore thumb... I even bought a black ring for my light. Any other suggestions? (Painting the white one would probably not last unfortunately).[/quote]

You might be surprised. I've actually painted white return fittings with black fingernail polish and had it hold up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.