Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: any body can help on the SmartPure Sanitizer readings?

1. Back To Top    #1

any body can help on the SmartPure Sanitizer readings?

I have a SmartPure Sanitizer T-CELL-5, with yellow light on "inspect cell", and red on "low salt".
    THe house was bought this summer, and I don't have much details of the pool equipment.
    I sent the water sample to pool store and got salinity reading of 3300~3400 ppm, other numbers are all fine. I don't what that 'low salt' light means.
    when I push the diagnose button, the reading is

Does anybody have experience of this equip? Can you tell what I should do?

Thanks !

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: any body can help on the SmartPure Sanitizer readings?

That sounds like a worn out cell. As they age, they will eventually show much lower salt readings than reality, and they'll shut down. A new cell should get everything working again.
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: any body can help on the SmartPure Sanitizer readings?

With a SmartPure Sanitizer and a GLX-Cell-5w cell, is AL-3 proper, or AL-0? I'm having the same issues. Salt level reads lower than when I test. Just wanted to make sure this setting was correct before I replace cell. Also, if I upgrade to GLX-Cell-15, do I need to change circuit board in controller?

Pool: 15k gal, Pebble on Plaster, 2.25HP Whisper Flo, 60sqft Pentair DE(running cellulose fiber), Polaris 380, Big Rubber Ducky
    Spa: 470 gal, Jacuzzi J-480, xHP Pump 1, xHP Pump 2, ??? pretty cool stereo, ozone, Smaller Rubber Ducky
    I got a B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Cell Biology, worked as a scientist for years. TFP is the best resource I've found on the internet.