Thread: Quick Closing Question hopefully quick reply

1. Back To Top    #1

Quick Closing Question hopefully quick reply

CL 7.5
    PH 7.4
    CH 260
    TA 90
    CYA 100 still

I am ready to close today and went to pool store and told them I use Liquid only, So I got 2 bottles of 12.5 'Super Shock' they told me to put in for 10,000 gallon pool. Doing the math that wil raise my FC to approx 25 ppm to say 32.5, above the shock of 25. Will this bleach my liner? Should I cut it back a little to 1 bottle? which would raise me to about 20? I never closed BBB before always used back shock.

Thanks
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Quick Closing Question hopefully quick reply

Shock FC for 100 CYA is 39ppm, so even with that level of Chlorine you are still not at shock level, 32.5ppm FC will not bleach your liner, I would recommend frequenting yourself with the following pool school articles:

pool-school/chlorine_cya_chart_shock
    pool-school/winterizing%20and%20closing%20your%20above%20group%20pool
    pool-school/shocking_your_pool

Regards
    Stuart
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks I was using Pool Calculator I guess I was also worried about having that high of a FC level all winter under the cover.
    15'X30'X52" AGP AquaSports Grande Buttress Free (10,620 Gallons), Hayward Dreamline S190 W Zeobrite, 1.5 HP Hayward PowerFlo LX, AquaLuminator Light+ fountain attachment, Pool Rover, Tf-100 test kit, Speed Stir.

4. Back To Top    #4

The FC residual will not be retained that high as it will drop given time, even 39ppm is not a tremendous amount of chlorine as remember so much of the residual will be bound up by the CYA, deeming the residual to be far less effective than that of an unstabilized pool.

Many industrial chlorine uses shock levels between 100-200ppm without stabilizer.

Regards
    Stuart
    Stuart Murray
    Scotland UK
    UK NPPOC