Can actuator valve be turned manually?

Martin2003

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 2, 2007
Richmond, TX
The kiddos had a good time in the spa last night and things were working great. Afterwards I turned the filter back to the pool only to find an empty spa an hour later. Although the kids thought this was grand, not quite sure if they liked the spa better with-or without water, I saw trouble :shock:

Anyhow, I think I have narrowed the problem down to the Pentair cva 24 actuator valve not turning back and the suction is only coming from the spa now. I tried flipping the valve switch in the back to see if it might have changed but the valve seems stuck. I figure I need a service call scheduled next week, but is there any way to turn the valve manually so I can keep the filter running?

The valve I have is similar to this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Pentair-Compool-R ... B002CTLTFC

Thanks,
Torben

I do not think you can manually turn the Pentair actuators very radially, you have to remove them or open them up. The Jandy can be more easily moved.

If the little switch is not moving the valve then it seems that it is not getting power. Does it make any sound?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I think the Pentair actuators are similar to Goldline. With the toggle switch in the middle position, partially unscrew the center plastic screw in the middle of the handle. Push down on the screw and you should feel the valve disengage from the actuator and you should be able to move it. Afterwards, you can pull up on the screw and it will re-engage with the actuator.

I would have to search again for the thread, but I thought the Pentair and the Compupool were not that easy. The Jandy and Intermatic were as you described.

Easy enough to search for the manual for your valve online and read the process.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.