Best way to fix leak at pad

ROB N

Nov 26, 2010
Calera, Al
The past few nights when I have checks in my equipment pad I have noticed dampness on the concrete under one of the PVC pipes where it comes out of the inline tab feeder. I can feel under the pipe at the connection and it is wet. Suspecting a small leak, This morning when the pump kicked on I was there and watching this area. Within a few minutes a small drop of water formed and dropped to the concrete pad. It is more like a seep and a drop only forms every few minutes, but it is a drop of water, so it is very slowly seeping or leaking water at this connection. It is a PVC glued connection. What would be the easiest way to reseal this connection can I use some epoxy to seal it? Or will I need to cut it out and re do this potion of the plumbing? Even though I do not use it, I do want to keep the tab feeder for when we go out of town. The problem is the PB did not use unions and I think he just glued the PVC into the inlet and outlet of the feeder. :rant:

Hi. Rob,

Some folks have reported success with epoxy but i think I would simply leave it alone or cut it out of the system and remake the joints.

Unless it is forming a pubble that is a constant annoyance, I think I would be tempted to leave it until it got worse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.