Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Easytouch automation question

1. Back To Top    #1

Easytouch automation question

I am working with several pool builders on what I would call a modest build. Inground fiberglass pool with 2 Laminars, heater, swg(intelli-something or other), sand filter. All of the packages include the Easytouch. It seems cool and I like the idea, but is it over kill for my modest set up? I like the idea of adding some landscaping lighting to it, but am I missing other advantages?

Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Easytouch automation question

More details please. # of lights. Type of pump. Size of pool. Etc
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3

sure, sorry about that. Contract says PAL2000 lights, I think it is 2 lights. 14x31 Viking pool, 1.0 hp pentair pump. Auto cover...can the control system control the cover?

Thanks.

4. Back To Top    #4

Just did my own install with everything in my signature, I have to say I absolutely ole the Savi melody lights and the Easytouch automation is icing on the cake! I will be able to add items in the future as the budget allows. Very simple to install and allows for multiple settings for everything from yard and landscape lighting to adding a 30 amp breaker in the load center for the RV.
    Ron- Kansas. IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Hayward ProGrid 4820 DE filter using Eco Klean instead of DE, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Raypack 266k btu millivolt heater, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

5. Back To Top    #5

You can purchase the EasyTouch with an included Intellichlor, so the price is somewhat mitigated by this. In fact, if you go with an IC20 and Easytouch 4SP (520592), the price is only modestly more than the Intellichlor purchased alone. So, I think it makes sense if you are planning to have a SWGC in your system. I'd also recommend getting Intellibrites, since the Easytouch can control the special features of these light fixtures. What kind of pump is included in the bid? The Easytouch would work well with either a 2 speed pump, or better, a variable speed Intelliflo. The addition of a ScreenLogic 2 interface or Autelis PoolControl would allow you to control your pool from anywhere from a cell phone or web browser, which makes maintenance and control very convenient. I'd invest in one of these before purchasing any other sort of remote.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

6. Back To Top    #6

The automation also allows you to dial in the SCG in 1% increments.
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater