Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help identifying Premier Pump model, and O-ring size

1. Back To Top    #1

Foster City, CA

Help identifying Premier Pump model, and O-ring size

My main pump is spewing water out of the strainer basket lid and I can see there is air in there. After shutting it off and removing the clamp, I found that the o-ring is cracked and brittle. You'll see in one of my other posts that applying Vasoline to the o-rings was prescribed to the original owners....

Need some help determining which o-ring will be the right fit, and where to purchase.

I haven't had much luck finding a manufacturer's website, which leads me to believe they are now defunct? Diagrams of the Premier 456 and 556 have the 6" Lexan lid and similar clamp style.

Below are photos of the pump, including the manufacturer's model and serial number, that are badly worn.

Attached Images Attached Images
    19k gal IG gunite w/ spa, Sta-Rite IntelliPro VS, Sta-Rite System:3, Polaris 3900 Sport w/booster pump, Heliocol, EasyTouch4

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: Help identifying Premier Pump model, and O-ring size

If you can match the diameter and thickness of the o-ring it will work fine. It doesn't have to be specifically for that pump.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit