Close pool?

Gee, you must be spoiled down there in Texas. We just got our Intex 16'x48" set up over Labor Day, and in Sept with the water at 74 the kids were playing in there for an hour or more before deciding that maybe they would come out. Now, with our warm Indian Summer spell here in the Bay Area of 90's in the day, the water is up over 80, so we've got more time before the kids get turned off.

When we get ready to go into winter mode, we will have the pool up all winter, so I need to figure out how often I need to filter. We will use the solid vinyl cover that came with the pool. We have the integrated 2000 gpm filter/SWG combo from Intex, so I can't run it on a separate timer, and if I set it for 1 hour per day (the minimum it will do), the SWG might be generating more FC than it needs. If water temps are in the low 60's or less, is it enough to run the filter for a couple of hours once a week (assuming the solid cover)?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.