dfw
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
[attachment=1:1ljud0zn]pool2.jpg[/attachment:1ljud0zn]Just moved into a rental house in Dallas, TX that has an older pool with an overflow spa that sits way above the pool. I am not new to pools and have been following this site for years.

What I need help with is figuring out what all the valves control since nothing is labeled. Can you tell by looking at the pictures?

Four center drains and two skimmer drains. Spa and booster pump.

Attachments

• pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 42
  • pool2.jpg
    pool2.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 42
Lol. Wow.

Going to need pictures from a few more angles to even try to guess.

You can always just turn them to see what happens and label them yourself.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

jblizzle said:
Lol. Wow.

Going to need pictures from a few more angles to even try to guess.

You can always just turn them to see what happens and label them yourself.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Yeah that is turning out to be a pain to actually tell then remembering after you turn them. I need to just spend more time.

The Spa drains every night how do I prevent that or do I really care that is does??

Which of these has mechanically actuated valves?

Another angle would help and higher res pictures.

But I can tell you that the booster pump is plumbed into the return side and the tall single pipe with the flexible hose attached is likely for Polaris or other high pressure low volume device. The source flexible hose tee's off another return and there is another beside it. Off to the far left appears to be the spa return plumbing - guessing this based on that being the valve where the heated water comes into the return - and I see the SWCG is on the right of that valve.

The pipes leading back to the pump must be all the suction lines - I'd guess the left most one is the spa just because it is set aside by itself. I would guess the other three are setup as Two main drains on each and two skimmers on the third - but it's also possible that the skimmers are each separate and paired with a main drain (or pair) - the combinations are pretty endless...

I think your best bet is to ask the owner and if that fails get a helper to turn them one at a time while you go for a swim and validation of impact of the changes.

How far down does the spa drain?
What is the height of the equipment pad relative to the pool and spa water level?

Spa draining is usually due to the water going back through the spa return to the pool. Usually there is a check valve on the spa return to prevent that (I thing the tall pipe on the left is the spa return and clearly does not have a check valve).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.