Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: help with water bags

1. Back To Top    #1

help with water bags

Hi all, I am new to the group but I have read and so learned much over the years, a big thank you for that. I just love doing my pool chemical shopping at the grocery store, !

But I did go to the pool store today for some new water bags for my inground winter cover. I usually buy the double bags but had a brain toot today and picked up 10 single bags. I thought they'd be easier to fill, and they were. But then they all rolled off. I went around and re-adjusted them and they rolled off again. What am I doing wrong, lol? I can't keep them on the cover! I know I had these before, and do not remember an issue like this.

Does anyone have any advice, please?

Thank you!

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: help with water bags

You're probably going to have to lash them together so they won't roll. Either that or put something under the edges of them to stop the from rolling.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks...that's what I did...put jugs of water behind them. I just never had this happen before!

4. Back To Top    #4

In the Industry

Quote Originally Posted by lori h
    thanks...that's what I did...put jugs of water behind them. I just never had this happen before!
    Yep, in the future, only buy double bags.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Mint Hill, NC

Could they be more full than previous times when you used single bags? If so maybe less water equals flatter.

- Sent using Tapatalk
    Inlaws Pool Boy since June 14th 2012, Pool built ~ 2003, In-Ground, 16'x32'
    13500 gal, Vinyl Liner, Fiberglass Slide, TF-100 Test Kit, Hayward 210T
    sand filter, A.O. Smith 1.5HP main pump motor (C48L2N134C1),
    Hayward SuperPump (model ?), Polaris 380 & PB4 Booster Pump