Dolphin Supreme M4 will not climb walls

billycalexander

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 30, 2012
I have just installed a new vinyl liner in ground pool. I purchased a refurbished dolphin supreme m4. I've tried to put it in upside down making sure all the air bubbles came out, I've tried the handle in various positions, I've tried one float out/one float in on both sides and still I can't get the little fellow to climb the walls. When it comes to a wall it tries to go up the wall but just sits there and spins. I've posted a video of it trying to climb a wall on you tube. This video is of it getting stuck in a corner of the deep end but the same thing happens on a flat section of the wall deep end or shallow end. Anyone have any ideas??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClfFBp5H ... ata_player

Thanks in advance

Mine only acts like that when it's full.

Let me ask you this though, your water appears to be cloudy. I can see a situation where if your walls have algae and are slimy, it might not be able to climb up. Is that a possibility?

The pool definitely is cloudy, so it certainly is a possibility, I just ordered the TF100 today. My installer shocked the pool and added salt when he finished and the salt level is reading green on the generator so I suspect it has enough salt. But yes it may well have algae. So I guess the algae is enough to keep it from climbing the walls? The pool has only been in for about 3-4 weeks now.

Billy
Lazy L In ground pool
vinyl liner
~21000 gallons
no test results yet, just ordered the tf100
Variable speed pentair pump
Sand filter 350 lb
Date of build 9-15-2012

re. "Shock"
Standard response:

"Shock" is a verb, NOT a noun. Dumping in a bag of "Super Shock" in a 20,000 gallon pool will NOT shock it.
Step 1: See Pool School "How To/Shock Your Pool
Step 2: Have the ability to test chlorine levels above 10
Step 3: Buy lots of bleach

You can take it from there

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.