Splashpool jet pump and control

Oct 1, 2012
[Merged by moderator - Please keep related topics together. Thanks, jblizzle]

Splash Superpool 2011: Set up everything, but jet pump will not operate. Checked voltage to motor and there is 240 volts. Control unit would not operate, the GFCI would not engage, so I bypassed it to see if the motor would turn....Nothing! Have I missed something or do I have a bad unit?

Re: Splash superpool

Randy1953 said:
HELPING A FRIEND GET HER POOL UP AND RUNNING, having problems with control and jet pump

I'd love to help and many others here will be interested in helping as well - but we need more info. Obviously if the problems are not chemistry you can ignore part of the info below but do look at the signature part. Also it is best to not start multiple threads despite the temptation to do so when they in any way related.

This may help you get help:
pool-school/read_before_you_post

I'd love to help - but we need more info. Obviously if the problems are not chemistry you can ignore part of the info below but do look at the signature part. Also it is best to not start multiple threads despite the temptation to do so when they in any way related.

This may help you get help:
pool-school/read_before_you_post

My problem has nothing to do with chemicals. The pool is AG if that makes a difference. I first noted the problem after connecting all the electrical, following schematic to the letter. The current sensing coil(GFCI) was not engaging. After trying to talk to a technician at the dealer...(and getting nowhere), I tried circumventing the GFCI and connecting directly to motor. The air switch functions and I tested proper voltage at the motor. Nothing...motor does not turn. Am I missing something? It is only a 1 HP motor, single phase, nothing rocket science about it.
Thank you for any help.

Randy1953 said:
My problem has nothing to do with chemicals. The pool is AG if that makes a difference. I first noted the problem after connecting all the electrical, following schematic to the letter. The current sensing coil(GFCI) was not engaging. After trying to talk to a technician at the dealer...(and getting nowhere), I tried circumventing the GFCI and connecting directly to motor. The air switch functions and I tested proper voltage at the motor. Nothing...motor does not turn. Am I missing something? It is only a 1 HP motor, single phase, nothing rocket science about it.
Thank you for any help.

LOL - I agree chemistry isn't involved. What would help is a signature that describes your motor/pump etc. Could you get the exact model info? Do you have any pictures that you could share with us to show the hookup and the circuit? What if anything changed?

What air switch?
Is the GFCI external to the pump? Does it work for anything else?
Is this 220v vs. 120v?

Is this the control panel?
http://www.splashpools.com/getFile.asp? ... plashClear Manual.pdf

If so it's clearly stated that it is 120V not 220V. I'm not sure if there are other versions let me know.
Page 9 shows this hooked in series to the pump. If this is true the pump would need to be 120V also.

OK! Spreck controls, the air switch is connected by a tube from under the steps. This allows user to turn jet pump on and off at pool. The motor IS 220 OA Smith 4 HP SPL drawing 12 amps. How do I post pictures here, if you still want them?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well, I have been researching more....maybe I was looking at finding info from wrong source. Went to Speck website and found troubleshooting guide. Printed pages and will go back and test step by step. Could be bad GFCI or motor...OR BOTH!! will let you know if you would like.

Randy1953 said:
Well, I have been researching more....maybe I was looking at finding info from wrong source. Went to Speck website and found troubleshooting guide. Printed pages and will go back and test step by step. Could be bad GFCI or motor...OR BOTH!! will let you know if you would like.

Please do. That sucks that both may be bad.

Doublechecked everything....Got motor to run, so that is OK. GFCI is shot. will replace. Thank you so muxh for your interest and support, helped me to pursue the problem. Speck pumps has a very nice troubleshooting section on their website,if you ever need it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.