Lve2raft here! Hello all!

Sep 30, 2012
Hello All,

New member! I live in Southern CA, near Moorpark. I am in the process of building a house on about an acre. The land has quite a bit of slope and also some flat pad. I have a budget of about $175,000 at most for full landscaping, including pool, outdoor cooking area etc. I am getting a bid right now from Scott Cohen, of Greenscene landscape, and I would like to bounce it off you fine folks when he actually does give me the bid. This would be a one stop shop so to speak and he would be doing all of it.

Any other suggestions or recommendations are welcome!

Look forward to all the help from you fine people!

Get at LEAST 5 different quotes! NO way would I go with just one. Ask around and see who had landscaping working done that you like or don't like but is well done. You will be very surprised with how the price drops when they know you are getting more than one quote. They really put their best foot forward and tell you to call them with the other quotes to see if they can beat it.

Good luck!
Kim

Hi Kim,

Thank you for the reply. My situation is this though:

The guy I mentioned above charged me 1500 to do a rough plan/design concept. But this is for the two courtyards, the pool, the slopes, the landscaping, the lightning plan, front yard, cooking area etc.

In about two weeks he will give me a proposal based on that design. I do not own the design though, if I wanted to take that design to get it bid on by various folks it would be an additional $4,400.

My current thought was to wait to see what he comes up with, then come here and post the various line item elements with cost.

Also, while I would not be able to take the plans, I would get an idea in my head to discuss with other builders if this guys prices are too high.