What I found next to my pool!

Blue114

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 25, 2012
Brisbane , Australia
Woke up this morning and heard the birds going crazy. (we live next to the bush). Looked up and saw a 9 foot long Carpet Python sleeping in a palm tree next to the pool. He stayed for a few hours then moved down to another palm we have in a pot on the pool edge. He then left and went into the bush.

Brad

8041477259_a3841b2b7f_z.jpg

That picture pretty much decided it for me that I'm not visiting Australia. I'll be staying in the USA for the foreseeable future. :wave:

I used to have to turn the Ranger Rick magazine pictures with snakes with a pencil as a kid. I fight the urge now that I'm all grown-up, but still cringe.

Blue114 said:
Woke up this morning and heard the birds going crazy. (we live next to the bush). Looked up and saw a 9 foot long Carpet Python sleeping in a palm tree next to the pool. He stayed for a few hours then moved down to another palm we have in a pot on the pool edge. He then left and went into the bush.

Brad

8041477259_a3841b2b7f_z.jpg
Neat! I don't think I'd want to try to pet him, but that is a pretty snake.

- Sent using Tapatalk

blondemarcello said:
That picture pretty much decided it for me that I'm not visiting Australia. I'll be staying in the USA for the foreseeable future. :wave:

I used to have to turn the Ranger Rick magazine pictures with snakes with a pencil as a kid. I fight the urge now that I'm all grown-up, but still cringe.

Don't worry ,they are not dangerous. (Unless you're a rat.) We've found quite a few smaller snakes in our pool and I always have a close look when I take the skimmer box cover off

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.