empty inground concrete & 5" rain

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas
Friends just bought a bigger repo older home with an 18x36 concrete inground. Pool was covered, but a black swamp. They had a local pool company come out and drain it and order a new liner. That was a few days ago and the liner is still not in yet. We just got 5" of rain over the weekend and the pool is holding water with NO liner in it. Question is.....should the company have drained the pool BEFORE being ready to install the new liner? With the condition I described above, is there any danger in cracking it? Would you put more water in it now? Pool has a 10 ft. deep end.

Thanks for any advice I can give them.

Having the water in it could be a good thing ... if the water table was close to the surfuce, there would be a chance the pool could float out of the ground. I do not think any harm will come from there not being a liner for a little while ... it is basically just a big concrete tub right?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.