Closing an in ground pool

Sep 30, 2012
We are closing our pool. We blew the lines and plugged the bottom of the skimmer and the two return lines to the pool. On our final plug which is a purge plug, we put it in blew the line and after about a minute the plug pops out from the pressure. We tried several more times. (blowing the line longer, blowing the line less, pusing the pin to releave some pressure, blowing the line with less psi) It is a new plug any suggestions to our problem?

Welcome to TFP!!!

What line are you struggling with? I was under the impression that you blew out the lines to get the water out. If you are building up pressure, it seems that the other end of the line is closed off so you are not able to actually blow the water out.

Granted I have never done this before, but I did not think the point was to pressurize the lines, just to keep all the water out.

The final plug is for the line to the bottom drain. The plug has a valve on the end. You put the plug in, attatch a compressor to the valve, then blow the line. It is about a minute after we blow the line that this plug pops. The pool in and inground concrete pool that is about 30+ years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.