Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: how to select the color of a replacement pool liner

1. Back To Top    #1

how to select the color of a replacement pool liner

Any advice on selecting a color?

We are replacing a 15 year old liner that had an aqua color to it. Sort of like that warm Caribbean greenish-blue. All the new colors are either a very dark blue that we think might look cold (have seen these in the neighborhood).
    Would a greyish liner give us that effect that we are looking for (warmer tones) or even one of the browner tones? I am told that once filled and in sunlight, they look very warm ?

Just wondering if anyone has lived with these and could share their thoughts.
    17,000 gal SWG pool
    Liner, 5 x Heliocol solar panels, Haywood gas heater, Super Pump II 1HP, Haywood pro sand filter, Haywood T cell-15, Pro Logic controller,
    Taylor test kit controlled pool
    Params - 5.0FC (if not shocking) ca-270, ALk-100, pH-7.2-7.6, NACL - 3000, CYA -60-70

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: how to select the color of a replacement pool liner

I thought I had a photo, regardless. A light brown liner when filled with water will lose as the red tones and appear more grey in color. When this happens the water will take on a blue/teal-ish color that is more apparent as the depth of the water increases. I think it looks neat.
    -Kevin
    X-Pert Pool Service
    x-pertpool.com
    X-Pert Pool on Facebook and @XPertPoolServic on Twitter
    22,000 gal / 16' x 32' / Vinyl / Hayward s244t /Pentair SuperFlo 1 hp

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: how to select the color of a replacement pool liner

Thanks Kevin. We saw one of those brown liners at a neighbor's. Not bad at all> Appreciate your response here and to my lock in winter cover question in that thread (i.e. using a plastic screen roller to pop the cover's edge into the coping). Ken
    17,000 gal SWG pool
    Liner, 5 x Heliocol solar panels, Haywood gas heater, Super Pump II 1HP, Haywood pro sand filter, Haywood T cell-15, Pro Logic controller,
    Taylor test kit controlled pool
    Params - 5.0FC (if not shocking) ca-270, ALk-100, pH-7.2-7.6, NACL - 3000, CYA -60-70