Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Operating question

  1. Back To Top    #1

    Operating question

    I turned off the pump this morning at 9:00 on purpose. I am waiting for someone to come retrieve a live rat out of my pool.

    At 10 am the Polaris cleaner came on. Does that mean the skimmers are on too?

    I can't kill the rat myself, and I surely can't get him out. I really don't want him in the skimmer.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

  2. Back To Top    #2
    Mod Squad Bama Rambler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SouthWest Alabama
    Posts
    22,347

    Re: Operating question

    If the booster pump is on then the main pump is on in most situations, so yes, the skimmers are on.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

  3. Back To Top    #3

    Re: Operating question

    Good news - my neighbor came home and took care of the critter. I have to test the water next. Since it didn't stay dead in the water long, do you think I should shock the pool? Thanks so much!

    BTW, I noticed that when only the cleaner was running, the filter was off..? The waterfalls and the spa spillover were not running either. I hit the filter button, and everything started up. I'm not quite sure about the way the computer is wired yet.
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

  4. Back To Top    #4

    In the Industry
    Qwaxalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    439

    Re: Operating question

    Quote Originally Posted by imrodee
    Good news - my neighbor came home and took care of the critter. I have to test the water next. Since it didn't stay dead in the water long, do you think I should shock the pool? Thanks so much!

    BTW, I noticed that when only the cleaner was running, the filter was off..? The waterfalls and the spa spillover were not running either. I hit the filter button, and everything started up. I'm not quite sure about the way the computer is wired yet.
    Your computer should NOT have allowed the cleaner pump to come on with the filter off. There is a specific setting to prevent that.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

  5. Back To Top    #5

    Re: Operating question

    Oh-oh. You know, I've noticed a few quirky things with the settings. How would I get the computer wiring checked out?

    Should I be able to turn the pump on from the computer wall unit in the house? Or the waterfall?

    Thanks so much!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

  6. Back To Top    #6

    In the Industry
    Qwaxalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    439

    Re: Operating question

    Quote Originally Posted by imrodee
    Oh-oh. You know, I've noticed a few quirky things with the settings. How would I get the computer wiring checked out?

    Should I be able to turn the pump on from the computer wall unit in the house? Or the waterfall?

    Thanks so much!
    Have your builder verify the wiring and dip switch settings. If he can't or won't and it's still under warranty call Pentair for service. If none of that works for you, get a handy friend, a copy of the installation and wiring manual and a six pack of beer.

    If the computer is in auto mode you should be able to turn everything on or off from the inside controller.
    If it's in service only the outside controller will do anything.
    In the industry, CSP (Certified Service Professional) by the NSPI and it's successor the APSP. My company services over 600 pools every year. I think the practices regularly espoused on this forum (especially the BBB method) are outstanding; however my comments will be often oriented towards the goal of getting it done, and getting it done right now!

  7. Back To Top    #7

    Re: Operating question

    Quote Originally Posted by Qwaxalot
    Quote Originally Posted by imrodee
    Oh-oh. You know, I've noticed a few quirky things with the settings. How would I get the computer wiring checked out?

    Should I be able to turn the pump on from the computer wall unit in the house? Or the waterfall?

    Thanks so much!
    Have your builder verify the wiring and dip switch settings. If he can't or won't and it's still under warranty call Pentair for service. If none of that works for you, get a handy friend, a copy of the installation and wiring manual and a six pack of beer.

    If the computer is in auto mode you should be able to turn everything on or off from the inside controller.
    If it's in service only the outside controller will do anything.
    This is a new pool, (Aug 4th fill) I'll get with the PB again now that I understand a little more about the computer capabilities. The PB crew was very helpful, but when they left, they left. The Pentair manuals are pretty vague about day to day use. But again, I'm sure there are so many different configurations the manual would have to be 4 inches thick.

    I would like to be able to start the pump/filter from the inside control panel. I always have the outside one set to "Auto." Right now I have the following:
    Inside Control Panel
    1. Turn the heater on the Spa
    2. Turn the Polaris on
    3. Turn on the Spa Jets
    4. Turn on the Pool Light & Grotto light
    5. Turn on the Spa Light
    6.
    7.
    8.


    Outside Control Panel: Always on Auto, unless I'm draining the spa
    1. Filter/Pump
    2. Cleaner
    3. Pool Lights
    4. Spa Lights
    5. Aux 5
    6. Aux 6
    7. Aux 7

    Spa Side 4 Button Controls
    1. Spa Heater
    2. Pool Light
    3. Spa Jets
    4. Spa Lights

    The waterfalls are governed by a Jandy switch
    The pool/spa flow are governed by a Jandy switch
    The drain spa activators are activated by the drain spa mode
    The pool drains are governed by 2 Jandy switches

    Quax, thank you for the clarification. Like I said, the manuals don't really explain the day to day things.

    I wouldn't want anyone to touch the wiring but the PB or an approved Pentair Installer/Rep. (For the sake of the warranty)

    Just my luck we'd have the neighbor's garage door going up and down. But I bet I could put a good dent in the beers tho!

    Thanks again!!
    Helen
    Dallas Area, 16,000 gal IG, Easytouch 8 computer, Intelliflo 3HP Variable Speed pool pump, Pentair Smart Pump 4x160, Pentair 3/4 HP Booster Pump, FNS 60 DE 60, Mastertemp 400, Rainbow 320, Dual Timer w/ freeze protection, Intellichor SWG, TF100 Test Kit, POOL FILLED AUG 3, 2012, ORDER YOUR TF100 KIT FROM http://tftestkits.net
    http://www.troublefreepool.com/under...ie-t49936.html

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •