Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichem and IntelliPH users.

1. Back To Top    #1

In the Industry

Scottsdale, AZ

Intellichem and IntelliPH users.

I have been noticing a trend with the acid injection pump heads on these units.
    They seem to be lasting only 3 to 4 months. Pentair has been good with replacing them, but after warranty is up that can get a little pricey.

I have also noticed a back flow of pool water into the acid tanks after a period of time.

Has anybody else been having issues with these.
    Trying to collect as much info as possible.

2. Back To Top    #2
    North Las Vegas, NV

Re: Intellichem and IntelliPH users.

I've had an IntelliPh for under 2 months. I don't have it dialed in quite yet because I'm still working in the SWG and pump run time. I know it's early, but, I haven't noticed any issues yet. However, I love it so far!!!
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

3. Back To Top    #3
    San Diego, CA

I've been running an intellichem for ~10 months now. We had a one-time issue during the first 90 days where the pump and cabling was replaced. Since then, it has been running problem free. Never had pool water back flow into the tank, but then we were very careful with the setup. I don't see any indications at the moment that any further maintenance is required in the near future, but I wouldn't be surprised if the motor needs replacing again within the next year. Well worth it -- makes pool maintenance so much easier.
    24K gallon inground gunite/pebble sheen pool, 34'x16' 4-7.5ft deep, 750sq ft solar, pentair ultratemp, intelliflow vs+, ic60, intellichem w/ acid pump, quad de 100, intellibright 5g, intellitouch i5-3s with Screenlogic2, 3" primary piping - 2.5" at equip pad, auto switched deep heating and main returns, automatic safety cover w/ electronic lock and embedded recessed undertrack, sealed stamped concrete deck, dolphin deluxe 5, started up December 2011.

4. Back To Top    #4

New pool last fall with Intellichem using a 50gpd pump from a 5 gal tank. Haven't had a single issue and has ran great for the past two years without an issue. Love it!! Good luck on getting to th bottom of your issue.

5. Back To Top    #5

My pump head has failed on an intelliph. Only had it for 6 months. I will contact Pentair for replacement. The plastic rollers that press against the peristaltic tube have worn down and no longer compress the tubing enough to cause the pumping action. Has anyone else observed this? Does anyone know who supplies the peristaltic pump to Pentair?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Northest PA - Lehigh Valley

We have about 50 intellichems installed and haven't had to replace any pump heads yet (all units are 1-2 years old.)

But we did notice a little rust on some of the rollers in the pump head. Pentair told us that if the acid is cut to 50% strength (or you use california lower strength acid,) you don't get the rust. Replacement heads are about $25 are are considered a depreciable..and should be replaced every year or 2.

Overall, intellichem has been amazing for my customers. They really, really have worked great.
    42,000 gallon gunite pebble pool with 1500 gallon spa/grotto and 500 gallon outdoor spa; Pentair i9 Intellitouch with i10x expansion panel. Controlled by Screenlogic 2/iPhone
    Intelloflo SVRS main pump, 6 whisperflow pumps 2hp to 3hp, Intellichem auto pH and ORP system, ic60 salt water cell, Sta rite 400k btu max e therm heater, Pentair 120k btu heat pump
    Monogram Custom Pools

7. Back To Top    #7

Montgomery Texas

I am having a backfill problem now. What is everyone else doing to fix this. Also what is the part number for the replacement head thanks. Steve
    24X38'ish 23,500 gallon Geometric with 10x10 spa(12jets), Pentair IC40 SWG, Pentair intelliflow(pool-spa), pentair whispersflow 2HP(booster spa jets), Two Polaris 1.5 Hp blowers, Pentair Wisperflow XF 3HP(2 6 foot water falls), Pentair clean&clear plus 520, Pentair Master temp 400. Intelli PH acid dispenser, Intellitouch with iPhone and iPad control. Two 45000 BTU fire bowls and one 60000 BTU fire pit.