Pentair Intellichlor IC40 no Power!

May 6, 2011
I have absolutely no power to my intellichlor ic40. Trouble shooting says to check the fuse located at the bottom of the power center. Mine is connected to a easy touch system. I've searched and searched but could not find a fuse. Please let me know what else i can do to get this thing up and running again.

First thing to check is if it is plugged in all the way. Sounds obvious, but it happens.
The fuse in question is not an actual fuse, it is a breaker. Depending on year made: Newer it will be black and in the upper right corner of the panel, Older or it will be white and round and pop out when tripped. Both of these are reset-able.
Also if you open the top of the easytouch you will see a small board mounted to the back, that is for the salt cell.

Thanks. Checked connection and it is good. Reset the breaker and still nothing. The intellichlor status green light is on. I pushed the little intellechlor reset button, but still nothing. I think it's dead. Is there another way to check if it's any good?

On another note, I used to be able to call Pentair and get a live customer service person for assistance. It doesn't appear this is an option anymore. You have to send them an email or post on their pool fyi discussion board. Problem is the couple times I've done this, I've gotten one vague answer and no answer at all. Their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Sorry for going off topic,but do u happen to know the length or your IC40? I'm thinking of swapping out my Aquarite system to a Pentair,but was curious if my T-cell is the same size as the IC40,or will I be cutting and glueing pipe. Thanks

Since you have the easy touch have you checked the settings in the menu portion of the Easytouch panel? Mine wouldn't turn on until I enabled it under intellichlor and input the desired percentage- also had to make sure it was part of the pool mode not spa mode since I don't have the spa.

If you go to the diagnostics menu from the Easytouch main menu, you can run a diagnostic test on the Intellichlor. This should tell you if there is a problem with respect to communication with the Easytouch, etc. Does this report any errors? This should help you to determine if the cell is the problem or if it might be something else.

here are a couple pictures. Follow the wires-from the breaker to relay then down to pump, the SWCG is also connected to the same relay. The pump is running off the 30 amp 220 breaker and the intellichlor is running off the 20 amp 220 breaker. Both go to the same relay so the IC20 doesn't come on unless the pump does.

Attachments

• automation 2.JPG
    automation 2.JPG
    335.4 KB · Views: 680
  • automation 1.JPG
    automation 1.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 602

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.