Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 no Power!

Pentair Intellichlor IC40 no Power!

I have absolutely no power to my intellichlor ic40. Trouble shooting says to check the fuse located at the bottom of the power center. Mine is connected to a easy touch system. I've searched and searched but could not find a fuse. Please let me know what else i can do to get this thing up and running again.
    28,500 Gallon; Pentair Quad DE80; Pentair Easy Touch 8 & 4 Control; Inground Pebble Tec; 160 GPM Max; Polaris 280; I hate my pool; More aggravation than enjoyment.

Senior Member In the Industry

Re: Pentair Intellichlor IC40 no Power!

First thing to check is if it is plugged in all the way. Sounds obvious, but it happens.
    The fuse in question is not an actual fuse, it is a breaker. Depending on year made: Newer it will be black and in the upper right corner of the panel, Older or it will be white and round and pop out when tripped. Both of these are reset-able.
    Also if you open the top of the easytouch you will see a small board mounted to the back, that is for the salt cell.

Senior Member In the Industry

Fuse on the Intellichlor is on the bottom of the transformer box. Right next to where the cell cord plugs into the box. The ones i have run into have been melted and need to be replaced. The fuse holder that is.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

Thanks. Checked connection and it is good. Reset the breaker and still nothing. The intellichlor status green light is on. I pushed the little intellechlor reset button, but still nothing. I think it's dead. Is there another way to check if it's any good?

On another note, I used to be able to call Pentair and get a live customer service person for assistance. It doesn't appear this is an option anymore. You have to send them an email or post on their pool fyi discussion board. Problem is the couple times I've done this, I've gotten one vague answer and no answer at all. Their customer service leaves something to be desired.
    28,500 Gallon; Pentair Quad DE80; Pentair Easy Touch 8 & 4 Control; Inground Pebble Tec; 160 GPM Max; Polaris 280; I hate my pool; More aggravation than enjoyment.

Sorry for going off topic,but do u happen to know the length or your IC40? I'm thinking of swapping out my Aquarite system to a Pentair,but was curious if my T-cell is the same size as the IC40,or will I be cutting and glueing pipe. Thanks
    16'x34' sport shape pool with raised waterfall jaquzzi,Intelliflo VS pump,Hayward DE filter,NatureSoft(Pebble Technology)salt board,Hayward H250 heater,Hayward T-15 cell

I've recently found out that it's possible to run the EasyTouch when not in pool or spa mode. While doing this, my IntelliPh and IC-40 are offline.
    14.5K gal Plaster IGP, Intelliflo VS, EasyTouch 8, SWG, IntellipH, Clear and Clean 420 Cartridge Filter, Attached Spa, H400IDL2 NG Heater

Since you have the easy touch have you checked the settings in the menu portion of the Easytouch panel? Mine wouldn't turn on until I enabled it under intellichlor and input the desired percentage- also had to make sure it was part of the pool mode not spa mode since I don't have the spa.
    IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Pentair Triton II TR 60 Clear Pro sand filter, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

If you go to the diagnostics menu from the Easytouch main menu, you can run a diagnostic test on the Intellichlor. This should tell you if there is a problem with respect to communication with the Easytouch, etc. Does this report any errors? This should help you to determine if the cell is the problem or if it might be something else.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

here are a couple pictures. Follow the wires-from the breaker to relay then down to pump, the SWCG is also connected to the same relay. The pump is running off the 30 amp 220 breaker and the intellichlor is running off the 20 amp 220 breaker. Both go to the same relay so the IC20 doesn't come on unless the pump does.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG fiberglass, Riviera 30 Freeform 13600 gallons,
    EasyTouch 4 w/IC20 SWCG, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp, 2 speed 220 pump, Pentair Triton II TR 60 Clear Pro sand filter, 2 Savi Melody 12v 5 color LEDs, Arctic Armour Mesh custom safety cover (Total self Install) TF-100 test kit w/Magic stir.

Hello, I have a slightly different problem. My IC 40 is five years old. When I start the pool pump it runs through the light sequence and then all go off. I restart and the same thing happens. Time to replace? Thank you.