Is my TA low?

Thinkly

Oct 12, 2009
Overland Park, KS
I probably should know the answer to this but I am uncertain. Here are my results:

pH 7.5
FC 6.5
CC 0
CYA 30
TA 60

My TA is a bit lower than it has been most of the summer, as it has normally been 70-80. Should I be concerned? I thought I remembered reading that if using bleach only to treat pool (like I am) than a somewhat lower TA is desirable. Anyone care to weigh in?

If your pH was stable and you weren't needing to add acid when it was at 70-80, then you could raise it. Otherwise, if the pH is more stable now at 60 ppm and you are adding less or no acid, then you can leave it and if this makes your saturation index too negative you can compensate by raising the CH level some.

At the higher 70-80 TA levels I was having to add acid occasionally. However my pH has dropped lately, and continues to stay at 7.5. Apparently with current conditions my water is happier with a slightly lower TA. I believe I will leave it alone. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.