Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What can I put in my pool to make my cleaner not get stuck

1. Back To Top    #1
    Southern NH

What can I put in my pool to make my cleaner not get stuck

We have a Polaris 3900 sport, which besides all the reviews I see online, has done well for us. It cleans, it climbs walls, etc. That being said, there is a corner of the pool by our stairs that is the PERFECT angle for it to get stuck in. When the backup-jet thing turns on, 90% of the time, it ends up in the direct that puts it against the stairs, and due to the angle of the stairs (curved) and the way the wheels are, it slides along the stairs until it gets stuck in the same corner.

It is really frustrating, but I don't think there is much I can do. That being said, during the season where we get a lot of leaves and not much pool usage, I would really like to be able to put something (safe) in the pool in that corner that the Polaris will climb over and get unstuck (I really hate going out there and moving it from the corner every day ). What can I put in the pool that will sink, but be safe for our pool surface (River Rok)?
    26k gal IG, Gunite Baha Sand River Rok (pebble), Hayward DE6020 Filter (120GPM), Hayward NorthStar 2HP (dual speed) pump, Hayward H400FDP 400kBTU heater, Aqua Comfort Heat pump, Pro Logic Automation and Chlorination (SWG), Polaris 3900 (we call him Fred, he likes to get stuck in the corner of our stairs). Watch our pool being built

2. Back To Top    #2

Buckeye, AZ 85326

Re: What can I put in my pool to make my cleaner not get stu

Maybe some PVC in some type of configuration and filed with sand, rocks ect then capped and glued.
    11,872 Gallon IG Shotcrete play pool
    Blue Granite Pebble Sheen finish
    Hayward SwimClear c4025, Navigator & Tristar 1.75hp pump
    2' Powerfall

3. Back To Top    #3
    Sacramento CA

Re: What can I put in my pool to make my cleaner not get stu

This is just off the wall enough that it just might work:

Bowling ball
    1980's 15,000 Gal IG Plaster; 1 1/2 hp Hayward Northstar; Hayward Swimclear C3025 Cartridge Filter (325 sq ft, nom.); Pentair Legend; Polaris PB4-60; Equipment 40' from pool. p.s.: it's an aye-aye.