Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: What type of pipe for in ground swimming pool?

1. Back To Top    #1
    South-Central Pennsylvania

What type of pipe for in ground swimming pool?

I live in south-central Pennsylvania. Just received an EMAIL from a prospective PB with the following passage: "The piping from the spa to the filter equipment will be Black Poly pipe just like for the pool."

I thought PVC schedule 40 was the preferred method???...although I'm not sure.

I couldn't find anything about what type of pipe to use in the Pool School section.
    2013 HotSpring Grandee with Ace Sanitizing System
    25K IG vinyl pool with Alps spillover spa and waterfall. Build Date: June 2013
    Triton II TR100 Sand Filter, Pentair Master Temp 400 natural gas pool heater, Intellichlor SWG, Rainbow Chlorine Feeder
    Pentair VF filter pump, WhisperFlo 2 hp WFE-8 waterfall pump, WhisperFloFX 2 hp spillover spa pump
    Intellibrite 5G (2 pool and 1 in spa) lights :: TFT-100 test kit, Taylor K-1776 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2
    SouthWest Alabama

Re: What type of pipe for in ground swimming pool?

I'd insist on PVC and I'd want it to be hard pipe. I've had too many leaks with black poly. Ants will even eat that stuff.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit