We live in the SF Bay Area ... we really don't experience the prolonged freezing temps like other colder & snowy climates. Can you give me a sanity check on what my plan is to "partially close" our pool? this is the 1st year of doing this for me and I really want to avoid a disaster.
- Shut off & Drain the Solar lines & turn OFF the solar system
- Reduce daily Filter pump run time from 8 hours to what ?? 4 or 5 ? How do I figure this out given 40K gallons & 1/2 HP pump?
- Monitor the FC & CC levels throughout the close period, maintaining FC=10 ? or what ? Do I have to be concerned about the OTHER "tests" (CH, TA, etc.)
- Regularly skim the pool surface for leaves, empty the skimmmer daily
- Should I dump in some Polyquat 60 or just rely on the maintaining of my FC & CC ?
- Should I be brushing the bottom of the pool weekly to stir up any dirt that settles? (I don't have a working MAIN drain nor a pool Vacuum.)
I was planning on rolling up the blue solar cover and storing it - thus leaving the pool exposed throughout the rainy season. Good or bad idea? The solar cover does NOT cover the entire surface of the pool.
Any suggestions or words of wisdom? Thanks so much.