Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Winterizing and Equalizer line on your skimmer?

1. Back To Top    #1

Winterizing and Equalizer line on your skimmer?

Guys, i am trying to winterize this equilizer line that we are talking about here and my line runs to the bottom of the pool. My question is if i need to dive in the pool in this cold weather to plug it at the bottom and then suck it from the skimmer or is there another way of doing it. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Winterizing and Equalizer line on your skimmer?

Welcome to TFP.

If it runs to the bottom of the pool it's most likely hooked to the main drain. Either way you'll need to blow it out and cap it off.

Where are you located? The extent of what's required is dependant on where you are.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank for your reply, i am up in Toronto Canada and it is connected to the main drain. I was told to run a foam rope down that line as it is imposible to empy it and cap it at the top. I emptyed the skimmer and blew and put anti-freeze in the suction line. Is this correct?

4. Back To Top    #4

You're the second person to mention using foam rope. I'm not familiar with how to install it so I'll let someone else answer that.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit