How long does it take to drain your pool?

You could also start a siphon with 1 or more garden hoses. Easiest way is to fill the hose from the house and then unhook it, that way it's full of water and just needs to be a bit lower than the pool.

Dan, good call. I am smacking myself in the head right now as I have been dreading trying to start a syphon manually over 100 feet of hose to get my pool closed. But of course, just fill it from the spigot and disconnect!

Since I orginially asked the question I thought I'd tell you what we did this year.....since this pool cost a couple of thousand we didn't do the ole' knife trick like we did with our blue ring kind.

A 15,000 gallon pool with four hoses and two vacume hoses from my Hayward Aqua Bug will drain 99.99% of the water during a Saturday morning and afternoon little league soccer and football games :p

The last .01% has to be done with a shop vac and brooms and folks who hold extension cords pulged into GFC outlets and have the cords held over their head so that no one is electrocuted.

We also found that though a 6-gallon shop vac has to be emptied frequently but it is WAAAAAYYYY lighter than trying to lift a 12 gallon shop vac over the side wall of the pool (unless you are a strong 15 year old man-boy instead of a 40 something mom :mrgreen: ) Oh and putting a board or something to dump the shop vac water on outside the pool helps save the yard from another water dug hole. Finally - timing your dump so that the dogs are close is rather hilarious - ok we're weird :goodjob:

Once emptied and dry it took two hours to put away the pool with all four of us doing one thing or another. We unhomed quite a number of spiders (not fun to discover that when they are running up your arm! FYI same "man-boy" can scream like a girl too!) Nicely folded, organized and ready for the dogs to start laying on the nice cool dirt rectangle.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.