Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New Pool oasis in Sunny So Cal

1. Back To Top    #1

New Pool oasis in Sunny So Cal

Just started a brand new pool build here in southern Ca. Been aching for this day for a while. Been a leech on TFP for the past month for information. You guys save noobs like me tons of money and headaches with your advice and experience. Here's what I'm getting

- 22x36 inground freeform SWP
    - Baja step for lounge chairs and umbrella in water
    - shotcrete with stonescapes quartz
    - custom 12x6 grotto with waterfall feature. Seating for 4 and drink ledges inside.
    - ledger stone backing of pool with concrete pour and place coping
    - 1100 sq ft colored/stamped concrete for decking
    - 6 jet inground spa with spillover over the pool
    - 3 returns
    - 1 pentair AD 15 skimmer
    - 1 pentair quad DE 100 filter
    - 1 pentair intelliflo VS 3HP pump
    - 1 pentair mastertemp 400k btu heater
    - 1 intellichlor saltwater system
    - 2 regular lights in the pool and 1 in spa

All this for $55k. Good deal? Thoughts/opinions on the set up? Anything to make it better?

Here is a pic of the beginning from the top of my property.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: New Pool oasis in Sunny So Cal

Fun times! I love to watch builds. Make sure to tell us EVERYTHING-good and bad!

Is the slope as great as it looks? What are you doing to keep runoff out of the pool?

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Don't have too much of a runoff problem on the hill. The ground absorbs what little rain we get pretty well. There is a block planter against the edge of the hill which helps and there is drainage throughout the yard.

4. Back To Top    #4

Los Angeles, CA

curious what PB you used for your build. Please let me know as I am getting ready to start a new build here in SoCal

5. Back To Top    #5
    Twin Cities, MN

Welcome to tfp, Dudebrodude73

Looking forward to your build!

What size plumbing are you using?
    TFP Expert who uses Pool School and my TF100 test kit along with PoolMath for my: Round 11K gallon AGP with deep end, 20" sand filter, Matrix 1hp 2spd, 6 2ftX20ft solar panels (and solar cover!), Intex SWCG (copper bars disconnected) and a Rubadub hot tub (chlorine). The SLAM process is not finished until: 1. CC < 0.5 ppm, 2. An OCLT < 1.0 ppm and, 3. The water is crystal clear.

6. Back To Top    #6
    Elverson Pa.

Good luck on your build and keep us posted with pic's please !!
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Oklahoma City, OK

What kind of stamp/coloring do you plan for the deck?
    35,000 gallon gunite pool, semi-T-shaped, 29x15 shallow end and 16x22 deep end, built in the mid-1970s and renovated 2013-2014 // Polaris 9300 Sport robotic cleaner // Taylor K-2006 ... Learning as we go and so grateful to everyone here for their help! Our reno thread