Spa trouble

Sep 25, 2012
Last month my pool / spa was complete. It is an in ground pool with a salt chlorinator. I am a first time pool owner so please bare with me. It has a pentair easy touch panel in the house. I turned on the hot tub tonight by pressing the interior spa button. 15 minutes later I go outside and the hot tub was empty no water at all. What could cause this? Since the filter ran with no water in the hot tub should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Interesting, in which case I know little to nothing about it, I can only guess that a return from the plant is not open for your spa, so the water is drawn from the spa but not returned to it.

P.S. Regarding spa running without water in it, you should be ok, I've saw a 25m pool running on empty overnight because a plant room operator left the waste line open, and everything worked ok the next day!

The actuator for the spa/pool returns may have not turned. It should close the pool returns and open the spa returns. I would put the equipment in pool mode. Then, put it in spa mode watching the actuators. You should see at least 2 actuator/valves turn. The suction side should switch from pool suction (main drain/skimmer) to spa and the return valve should switch from pool to spa.

Need more details about the setup .. maybe some pictures of the pad

If only the suction valve turned and the return did not ... that would quickly empty the spa.

well ...... what everyone else said

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.