I have had a CompuPool CPSC36 Chlorine generator installed in my pool for over 3 years, and have not had any issues before. However, when I cleaned the plates of the generator this time (Wednesday), I think something happened (at least that's when I think it happened). When I looked at the equipment this past weekend I noticed the generator was powered off. I verified the control unit was getting power from the timer, so I took the timer apart and found a blown fuse. OK, Good, (I thought). I replaced it and when I turned it on it immediately blew again. (OK, not so good) This time I replaced the fuse, but I disconnected the cell from the controller. This time the controller turned on fine. I'm thinking this sounds like a problem with the cell, so I take the cell out and try to clean between the contacts inside and out and make sure there is nothing shorting the plates together. (But then I thought aren't the plates shorting through the water anyway?) After verifying there is nothing stuck between the plates I start checking the resistance between the connectors to the plates and there in no short (infinite resistance when out of the water). So I figure OK, that must have got it, whatever it was. I put the cell back into the housing and turn on the pump (to fill the cell with water) and I still have infinite resistance between all terminals (this doesn't make sense!). I turn off the equipment and try to clean off the terminals figuring there is something on them blocking contact. I brush the contact pins with a wire brush and now I see there is a small bit of water leaking from around the terminals, so I figure it must bee loose so I'll try to tighten the connector (bad choice). "Crack" goes the plastic piece where the 3 terminals stick out of. Now I have a 1/2" hole around one of the terminals and a crack going from there thru the edge where the o-ring is. Boy, am I Screwed now!
OK now for my questions,
1) What should I be seeing as impedance/resistance between the terminals on the cell? ( the 2 end terminals go to the plates, and the center one is just there for sensing if water is there?)
2) What voltage should I be seeing on the connector to the cell (from the controller)?
3) Where can I go to find a replacement for the broken part?
4) Which part of the generator is having problems, the controller, or the cell?
Sorry to be asking these kinds of questions, but the users manual is no help at all.