Pool Vac no longer moving

Sep 23, 2012
Orlando, FL
I have a Hayward Pool Vac with cork shoes for my fiberglass bottom 13k pool. Its around 7 years old and has really slowed down. After being idle for about 3 weeks during pool repairs it has decided to not come back to life.
I had just replaced the bearings and shoes around 3 months ago. The suction is good on the pump side. Im thinking its done.
Any ideas on getting it back up or is it time for a new one?

The hayward pool vac requires 5 lbs of vacuum to operate that is the first thing to check. If the hayward pool vac picks up a small rock it can get stuck in the turbine causing the cleaner to quit. You can remove the small inspection cover on the bottom with a philips screw driver to clean out what ever may be in the turbine. Good luck

I also have a Hayward pool vacuum that died on me 3 times in 1 week. I discovered that sunken millipedes were jamming up the turbine. Seems like every millipede in the state has come to my pool to die!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.