Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Vac no longer moving

1. Back To Top    #1

Orlando, FL

Pool Vac no longer moving

I have a Hayward Pool Vac with cork shoes for my fiberglass bottom 13k pool. Its around 7 years old and has really slowed down. After being idle for about 3 weeks during pool repairs it has decided to not come back to life.
    I had just replaced the bearings and shoes around 3 months ago. The suction is good on the pump side. Im thinking its done.
    Any ideas on getting it back up or is it time for a new one?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Tulare, CA

Re: Pool Vac no longer moving

The hayward pool vac requires 5 lbs of vacuum to operate that is the first thing to check. If the hayward pool vac picks up a small rock it can get stuck in the turbine causing the cleaner to quit. You can remove the small inspection cover on the bottom with a philips screw driver to clean out what ever may be in the turbine. Good luck

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Vac no longer moving

I also have a Hayward pool vacuum that died on me 3 times in 1 week. I discovered that sunken millipedes were jamming up the turbine. Seems like every millipede in the state has come to my pool to die!!
    12K IG gunite, Pentair Intelliflo pump and 1 hp Pentair booster pump, Posi-Clear Sta-rite cartridge filter, IntelliChlor SWG and EasyTouch system.