Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pump for pool cover in winter - recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Pump for pool cover in winter - recommendations?

We have had to replace the pump for the pool cover once a season at least since we built the pool 5 years ago. (solid cover, it pumps the rain off)
    I did a quick search and there doesn't seem to be a lot of different options.
    Anyone have one that they recommend?
    Is this necessary?
    NJ
    35,000 gallons, DE filter, IG plaster
    TF-100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pump for pool cover in winter - recommendations?

I found it using a search and everyone recommended the Rule one which we have. My experience is consistent with the amazon reviews where it works great for about 3/4 to maybe 1 whole season and then it dies
    NJ
    TF-100

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by neen01
    I found it using a search and everyone recommended the Rule one which we have. My experience is consistent with the amazon reviews where it works great for about 3/4 to maybe 1 whole season and then it dies
    They have a 3-year guarantee. I had one that died at 2.5 years and I had a new one inside of a week. I've got five on the replacement. I think the Rule is the best as I never had a Little Giant make it through a season. I had two.
    Current: 28,000G 18'x36' I/G AnthonySylvan Plaster; Waterway 60 sq.ft. DE Filter; 1.0hp x 1.65 SF Two-Speed (B2982) WhisperFlo; 2004-Present
    Previous: 40,000G 20'x40' I/G Koven unlined WWII salvage 5/8" marine steel; Lomart Stainless Sand Filter; 3/4hp Hayward SuperPump; 1946-2003 (managed by me from about 1964)
    Ancient Taylor K-2000, upgraded with Taylor CH, TA, and FAS-DPD, and TFT CYA tests.

4. Back To Top    #4

ok. I will call again. They have replaced them so far but I wonder how many times they will or if one will make it to 3 years. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better one that I didn't know about since I just found this whole website this year and certainly learned a lot!
    NJ
    TF-100