CVA24T Actuator will not Open via Intellitouch board

Sep 23, 2012
I have a CVA24T which will respond to manual input from toggle switch on side of valve, but will not respond to the inputs of intellitouch board.
Cable is good, and connector is seated tightly.
No "Known" changes to programs etc.
All other electronic valves work correctly
I have an Intelltouch panel - System 15

When we purchased the home, the inspector saw that the valve did not seem to work, and advised the valve could be opened manually.
It then started working correctly with no changes from us, and now no longer works again.

That you can control the actuator with the switch means that a) the 24V AC line is working properly, and b) that the 24V signal is being sent through one of the control wires (e.g. the one that is powered when the valve is not actuated). The actuator is linked by a three wire cable to the Intellitouch. One wire is common, and the other two are control wires that carry 24V volts when the other is not powered. I can't remember the specific function of the pins on the board, but it would be reasonable to test the voltage between two of the three to test which leads are powered when the valve should be in the "default" state vs. when the valve is switched. Then, you would need to do the same at the actuator by removing the top and testing the wires there. It is possible that one of the control wires has become detached from within the housing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.