Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: CVA24T Actuator will not Open via Intellitouch board

1. Back To Top    #1

CVA24T Actuator will not Open via Intellitouch board

I have a CVA24T which will respond to manual input from toggle switch on side of valve, but will not respond to the inputs of intellitouch board.
    Cable is good, and connector is seated tightly.
    No "Known" changes to programs etc.
    All other electronic valves work correctly
    I have an Intelltouch panel - System 15

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: CVA24T Actuator will not Open via Intellitouch board

Was it working in the past from the intellitouch and now it stopped working, or has it never worked?
    8.5k gallon IG pebble sheen play pool with Intellitouch control, Intellifo VF, IC 20, Rainbow tab feeder (not currently in use), Pentaire mystery cartridge filter with labels faded to the point I have no idea on the model, Intellibrite 5g LED light, Hayward Navigator. Adding IntelliPh and Crestron control next.

3. Back To Top    #3

When we purchased the home, the inspector saw that the valve did not seem to work, and advised the valve could be opened manually.
    It then started working correctly with no changes from us, and now no longer works again.

4. Back To Top    #4

That you can control the actuator with the switch means that a) the 24V AC line is working properly, and b) that the 24V signal is being sent through one of the control wires (e.g. the one that is powered when the valve is not actuated). The actuator is linked by a three wire cable to the Intellitouch. One wire is common, and the other two are control wires that carry 24V volts when the other is not powered. I can't remember the specific function of the pins on the board, but it would be reasonable to test the voltage between two of the three to test which leads are powered when the valve should be in the "default" state vs. when the valve is switched. Then, you would need to do the same at the actuator by removing the top and testing the wires there. It is possible that one of the control wires has become detached from within the housing.
    38K in ground pool with attached spa. Current equipment: Easytouch 8 (521150) with IC-60 SWCG with web control by Autelis, 1x Pentair IntelliFlo 011018 pump (for filter), 1x Pentair 2HP WhisperFlo pump (for waterfall), 2X Pentair IntelliBrite 5G 12V lights, Pentair MiniMax400 NG Heater, Pentair SMBW2060 DE filter. Zodiac Barracuda MX8 cleaner on dedicated cleaner line. Lighting/home automation controlled by Insteon/ISY-99i.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Did you check to see if it is still programmed to do what you want it to. Somebody may have been messing around with it and inadvertently changed it.
    If it works manually then it is probably a programming issue.

6. Back To Top    #6

In the Industry

Is this actuator controlling either the suction or return? Or does it control the solar valve?
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy/Zodiac, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.