Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Skimmer diverter valve.

1. Back To Top    #1

Skimmer diverter valve.

Does it need to be in when the skimmer is ran to the pad by itself and the main drain is not connected to the skimmer? I noticed yesterday the skimmer was not working and the diverter valve was stuck not allowing water to flow from the skimmer. I can't find the book on the skimmer but I see no reason for it without the main drain hooked up to it. Seems like a problem waiting to happen if I leave most of the water coming from the skimmer with the jandy valves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    18x36 Grecian Vinyl; 8' Roman steps w/t 2 spa jets; cozy cove w/t 6 spa jets; 2 MD, 1 Skimmer, 3 returns; Hayward Ecostar, 30" Ranger sand filter; Hayward color logic 4.0 LED light; Hayward aqua logic; 2" PVC pipe 4 Jandy Valves

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: Skimmer diverter valve.

One advantage of the diverter is that the float will drop if the water level gets too low. This should result in water being pulled from the main drain to prevent damage to the pump ... assuming you have the valve to the floor open some.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Central Valley California

Re: Skimmer diverter valve.

Yeah you can take it out if you want. I think there was a post about these diverters a while back discussing the pros and cons.
    23,000 gal IG Plaster 1989
    Purex Triton FNS Plus DE Filter Model FSNP 60
    1 Hp pump, Polaris 380 w/booster pump
    700 Gal Spa
    Laars Lite Heater T-F 100 Test Kit