Contractor Used Wrong Color Spray Deck - NEED ADVICE!!

Sep 22, 2012
My contractor used the wrong color for our spray deck. They used Gro-Lac All Purpose Acryllic Deck Coating from Groco Specialy Coatings. The application seems good, but it is simply the wrong color. The mistake in the color choice is clearly on the contractor.

What is the proper way to fix this? My concern here, is that I am not certain that simply painting the correct color on top of the wrong color will provide the durability we need from this application. The acryllic coating they applied went directly onto the unfinished spray deck texturing. I am concered that if we simply apply more coats of acryllic coating to the in place coating we'll be scraping of these additional "top coats" over time.

Can anyone provide some insight here. Should the contractor grind off the spray deck and start over? Do they need to blast/acid etch the coating before adding additional coats.

I appreciate any feedback you may have.

Thanks!

Your best advice is going to come from the coating mfg. I'd call them and tell them what happened and see how they recommend handling it. Spraying over what's applied may be fine but they need to tell you that.

My PB painted the acrylic lace decking to the color we wanted. When we saw the decking going down, we were wondering about the color- then a day later another couple guys showed up and painted all the decking.

I looked at the product sheet for what I assume is the material used - http://www.grocosc.com/WebsitePDFFiles/Concrete/CON8109005PD.pdf Looks like it is a simple coating after initial surface prep. Didn't see anything about priming concrete (priming for wood/metal). Anyways have you even talked to the contractor about it yet? See what he has to say about the color and then contact the mfr about the correct procedure for re-painting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.