Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Electronic timer won't reset: need help!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Electronic timer won't reset: need help!!

Hello Experts:

I am a new pool owner (first year of home ownership). Following the advice on this site, I have gotten rid of my pool service guy, switched to BBB method and can't be less happier with my pool. Thanks guys, you rock.

Lately, my electronic timer has not been working.....I have to manually run the pump. This is an electronic timer, ET-1/TE501. I have tried to reset it ( pressed and held reset button for more than 1 minute), but no luck. This is not the first time that it has happened. It occurred once or twice when the pool care guy was taking care of the pool, but I don't know how he fixed it. I have tried pressing other buttons, but nothing on the display changes. I am sure someone here knows how to fix this.

Thanks.
    ----------------
    9,700 gallon, in-ground pool, Cartridge filter, Irregular (kidney) shape, Taylor K-2006 test kit, small rock waterfall.

Pool School + Test Kit + Test Kit Directions +The Pool Calculator = A TROUBLE FREE POOL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Electronic timer won't reset: need help!!

Have you tried turning the power off to it and leaving it off for an hour or so? Remove the battery too.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I opened the timer, but didnt see the battery (even though it says rechargeable battery). I have not tried turning the power off to it, but will try that now...lets hope that fixes it.
    ----------------
    9,700 gallon, in-ground pool, Cartridge filter, Irregular (kidney) shape, Taylor K-2006 test kit, small rock waterfall.

Pool School + Test Kit + Test Kit Directions +The Pool Calculator = A TROUBLE FREE POOL

4. Back To Top    #4

Still the same problem even when I turned the power on after 6 hours (timer battery was still working) ((
    ----------------

5. Back To Top    #5

It's probably a coin battery clipped to the board somewhere.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit