LifeTime Supporter
Jun 27, 2012
Lafayette, Ca / USA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
OK, after 3 months of testing & adjusting, this is where I am - and I could use some opinions as to whether there is anything you would do to the water:

From the TFT-100 :

FC = 8.0 (yea, a bit high for my CYA .. for the last 5 days I was using the Blue test kit vs the FAS/DAP test .. So given the yellowish color (suggesting 5.0), I was adding 36-42 oz of bleach almost nightly ... I'll let it go tonight & possibly tomorrow. That Blue kit is SOOOO subjective).
CC = 0
PH = 7.5
TA = 110
CYA = 50 (again, Soooo subjective .. could be anywhere between 40 & 60 to my eyes)
CH = 260
Pool Temp = 82

I think the water could be a bit more "sparkly" or clearer, if that makes sense. I mean, everyone says how great it looks, and I mostly agree - but more clear would be a side benefit to ME personally. Is there anything I could do to get it just a bit more CLEAR? or maybe I should just give up for this season - probably only another 3 weeks of use anyway.

You have reached a very good chemical level, and I would only look to keep everything where it is. Don't worry about the FC level either it certainly won't do any harm at 8ppm, especially in a residential pool, it gives you some room to maneuver on your maintenance regime.

If you are looking for a further sparkle to your water you might want to look into adding borates next year, as users report a more silky shine and feel to the water. If you are going down the borates route you will likely have to bring your TA level down to between 70-90

Well done on your numbers :goodjob: beer time :cheers:

I think the water could be a bit more "sparkly" or clearer, if that makes sense.
One of the first signs that something is trying to get started in your water is a dull/flat appearance of the water, iow, it loses its sparkle.

If it was my pool, I'd bring it to shock level tonight and do an OCLT tonight/tomorrow morn.
If caught early enough, a nascent algae bloom can be nipped in the bud :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.